We are British
At Lambland we are passionate about the craft of hand made products, we are proud to say that almost all of our sheepskin footwear is British or European and always a by-product of the farming industry. We only work with the finest sheepskin and wool ensuring our products are of the highest quality and as ethically sourced as possible. We don’t believe in fast fashion, we see our products as timeless classics that with the right care will last for many years.
What makes us different?
– We are a small family run company that is based on the edge of beautiful Exmoor National Park in Devon. Lambland is a third generation business that has been established since 1961 and what was originally our small little seafront shop, has now also expanded to become a successful global online business; but still with the family at the heart of it.
– We are hugely passionate about building an everlasting relationship with customers and love that a fair majority of our custom comes from previous loyal purchasers, whether that be independent customers or interior designers. THANK YOU!
– Crafted in the West Country – Most of our British made footwear is hand made locally by skilled crafts men and women who strive for unbeatable quality and design.
– Machine washable – Yes you heard us right, most of our sheepskin rugs and moccasins are treated so they can be easily machine washed, keeping them clean and fresh which is very important if you want to keep your product in tip top condition. P.s we also supply our own woolwash.
– So much to choose from – We offer one of the widest and most comprehensive selections of sheepskins, cowhides and goat skin rugs on the market.
– Our aftercare – We are always happy to hear from you and our friendly team with their extensive knowledge can offer you advice on caring for your item, relevant sizing, our bespoke made rug service and so much more.
Who we work with
We carefully choose our suppliers based on their quality, ethics and use of natural fibres. We prefer to work with those who support traditional craftsmanship and are passionate about their product. We also enjoy working with independent smaller groups/villagers such as the Sami people that inhabit some of the most northerly and hostile environments in Finland. The Sami people rely on Reindeer Husbandry for their livelihood and have done for centuries, we are so happy we can support them and help maintain their traditonal lifestyle.
Where possible, our suppliers are based in the UK and for us the closer to home the better. However, we have a great relationship with our European suppliers in which we stock some of the finest sheepskin products available at Lambland; including some footwear that is hand crafted specifically for us and cannot be found anywhere else.
We will continue to support British farming and we hope to expand our diverse range of luxury products, making sure we offer our customers the finest quality wool and sheepskin on the market.